Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Summer Travel
We have returned from Savoonga and if the boys continue to nap well I will share our experience with you! First, let me dedicate this post to our summer travel. Since May 6th, our family has flown from CA to Ohio. After a week, we drove to Grand Rapids for a week before returning to Ohio. After another couple of weeks, we flew from Columbus (layover in Detroit) to Seattle where we spent 1 1/2 days with my family before flying from Seattle (layover in Anchorage...layover in Nome) to Savoonga. We spent a few days in Savoonga before flying from Savoonga (layover in Nome...layover in Anchorage) to Seattle where we spent two days with my family before flying from Seattle (layover in MN) to Columbus. We will have spent another week in Ohio before flying back to CA for a long weekend and then spending 6 days driving our car and moving truck to Seattle. The boys and I will stay put there until we discover the location of our next home, but Jacob will continue to travel to New Mexico (Boy Scout Camp chaperon) and South Dakota (to visit another church). So that means that in the space of 2 months, Logan and Owen will have boarded 14 airplanes and spent at least one night in 5 different states. While I am enjoying our transient life, I did envy my friend a bit as she recently described to me her normal day to day activities with her son about her home:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, welcome back! Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you in GR, but I was feeling a bit too travelled of late! :)
I'm waiting to hear of your trip in AK!
Me too! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about your AK trip.
Post a Comment