Thursday, September 11, 2008

Last Minute Details

Our family flies out to Anchorage next Wednesday. We will spend 5 days there, interacting with Savoonga's sister church (a church who hopes to do vacation bible schools and more with us in Savoonga). The following Monday, we will fly on to Savoonga and settle into our new home and community. Our belongings have been shipped via barge and USPS. We just saw our ND and she loaded us up with vitamins and supplements. Jacob picked up our shipment of dried foods to be shipped to Savoonga soon. So, tomorrow we're going to the fair! I think we are pretty well set to go. We don't know when our computer will arrive in Savoonga, nor do we know when we can get Internet so I may not post to this blog for an even longer time than usual!...But, I will send out a mass e-mail when we have Internet and all and I can actually post regularly. Until then...we hope you all stay well and may God bless you.

3 comments:

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

We will certainly be praying for you this week! We pray that all your belongings will arrive safely, that you will all be happy and healthy to travel and that the "culture shock" would be minimal. We pray for friends for the boys, for K and for J! God's richest blessings as you embark on this amazing journey of faith!

Liz said...

Do they have internet on islands on the Bering Sea? Wow. YOu have such a positive attitude about this its amazing. Good luck on well all of it. I hope it all goes great.

csvan said...

make sure you let us know your phone number & address! I'm missing you guys already! WE hope the trip is fun for all of you & we'll be praying for you as we're on opposite seas!