Monday, December 20, 2010

We're Back!

Our new computer arrived this week, so I have no more excuses not to continue our blog:) You've missed out on a lot of great kid stories, so I'll just fill you in on the latest!

Santa came to Bickleton! The Sherriff's Dept decorated their vehicles and brought Santa on a sleigh in the midst of a big snow storm. We, of course, showed up on foot, covered in snow. The boys were a bit skiddish at first, but finally Owen said he wanted to tell Santa what he wanted. He climbed up on his lap and said, "I want a new coat for Christmas. See, I will show you why." He proceeded to unvelcro his coat and show Santa his broken zipper. Santa asked if he wanted anything else and he said, "No. I just want a new coat because my coat is broken." I glanced at "Santa's helper" and everything about his face said he felt so sorry for this poor little boy from this impoverished family...the 4 year old boy who only wants a proper coat for Christmas...no toys! It was too funny! So then our lovely other boy climbed onto Santa's lap. He said, "I want a pop-up tent for Christmas." Santa asked if he wanted anything else. Logan said, "Some hot chocolate and a candy cane." More sympathetic looks from the Sherriff's dept! Later, after Santa's helper gave the boys hot chocolate and candycanes, Logan said, "Now I only want a pop-up tent! He already gave me hot chocolate and a candycane!" Pretty prompt Santa!:) Oh dear...so I'm fully expecting a new coat and a "pop-up tent" to arrive in Bickleton for "that poor family with twin boys" courtesy of the Sherriff Dept.! :)

No comments: