Friday, February 24, 2012

The Funny Things They Say

Yesterday, Owen came running out of our bedroom to tell me that he got his shorts out of the "hamster" (I'm thinking he meant "hamper" as we don't have a hamster) :)

Tonight, we were reading Anne of Green Gables and Anne keeps mentioning that she doesn't like that her hair is red. I said, "I wonder why she doesn't like her hair color. I always wanted red hair." Owen quickly grabbed a chunk of his hair and said, "I want blue hair." Logan said, "Me too!" Free spirits already!

Not much other excitement here except that Jacob just sang an "operetta" during the Bickleton School Talent Show. Something about "Oh how I love Bickleton. Between Praire, forest, and sky. Where the bluebirds fly and the quail walk by. Where the wind towers turn and we all return to ride the carousel." He had many moving verses about wheat and ranching, but the biggest laugh came from "If free coffee is what you're after. The cafe or the tavern will do. As long as you roll a good number and have paid in the last month or two." Yep...you probably have to live here to get it...just wanted to give you a small taste of our life in this little town:)

Some excitement for me is that I've just mastered holding a sleeping baby on my shoulder while typing with TWO hands! And now I'm off to bed before she awakes.

No comments: