Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mutton Bustin'

It took the boys two years of watching, but this year, they finally rode the sheep. I thought that they were super brave and did a great job. Our friend, Nicholas, put them on, so that Jacob and I could watch. Nicholas told the story of his own mutton bustin' experience. A couple feet out of the chute, his sheep jumped and rolled and Nicholas came up still holding on...he won the belt buckle at age 5 and later went on to be a champion bullrider 15yrs later. I'm not hoping the boys follow in his footsteps! After their experiences, Owen said he was glad he did it, but it felt like he landed on a pile of rocks! Logan still has some mixed feelings. Getting his finger stuck in the gate on the way out of the chute caused him a bit of trauma and blood loss! Woops! He's all good now and I'm sure he's glad for the one-time experience! Overall, they said they are both happy to retire. Next year, at the old age of 6, they will be too old to compete:)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hi Kami
Just read your blog for the first time in a long time. Hunter and I got a good chuckle out of many of the posts. You will be so glad you've written these things down. Hope all's well.
Tara