Monday, July 14, 2008

Don't Give Up!

Don't give up on us posting to this blog!:) I'm realizing that it's been nearly a month since I've written and at this rate those promised photos of Savoonga may not be posted until we're living there! Since I last wrote, we had a tearful goodbye with Grandma Meadows before flying back to CA. It was good to reunite with family during my cousin's wedding and then spend a few days with friends in familiar places. Our few days in CA seem to be a bit of a blur as we hurried to pack up the rest of our belongings and move north. We already sorely miss our CA community. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly close relationships can develop within the body of Christ.
I can honestly say that we thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Washington. Jacob enjoyed listening to NPR in the moving truck while Logan, Owen, and I followed in the car. I had my box of toys and snacks in the passenger seat and just kept passing them back. We generally drove 2-3 hours and then stopped for 1-2 hours to play. We all thought it was a good pace:) We spent the first night and day in Grass Valley, CA with Addi (friend from college) and Yamil. It was worth battling the smoke from the fires to meet Yamil and hang out with Addi and fam, seeing her life in her hometown. We drove another entire day and then spent the next night and day in Portland, OR with Dan and Robin (friends from college) and were able to see Catherine (roomate) at least briefly! We enjoyed watching the goats and chickens in Dan's backyard. (We had to make believe this time, but trust that there will be real ones living there during our next visit!) Our last day, took us to my sister's house in Oak Harbor, WA where we off-loaded our belongings, returned the truck, and went to bed.
We spent a couple of days here and there around the NW and have now spent an entire week in the same bed! Wow! It feels good:) Jacob has been to South Dakota and back and is currently in New Mexico accompanying his cousin's Boy Scout troop on a trek at Philmont. Meanwhile, the boys and I have been enjoying time at my parent's house in Sequim, WA, visiting with them and with my Grandma from MN.
I think that catches you up on our whereabouts over the past month. We are obviously still homeless and still waiting to hear from Savoonga! Last Sunday they voted on whether or not they want Jacob as their pastor, so we are basically just waiting to figure out logistics...like, when can we move there and how. Until then, we have many hours of preparations to complete so I'm not really in any rush...except, I'd like to arrive before the sea ice moves in preventing our belongings from moving in with us!:) Well, I'm off to bed, but I will try to be better about posting to this blog now that I'm feeling a bit more settled. And I still hope to post some photos:)

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are brave to drive with the boys alone in the car! I'm guessing they are pretty good travelers though after your life lately! :) I'm glad you are 'settled' for a little while. How fun that you got to see so many friends during your trip!

Campbells said...

I am not giving up! Keep up with the posts kams. Great to hear from you