Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Laughter

I think most who read this blog have already heard that we are transitioning out of Savoonga on February 22nd and moving to Bickleton, WA where Jacob will be pastor of the church there. While it will be hard to leave Savoonga, we feel good about the decision and are excited to settle into life in Bickleton. So now I am realizing that we have just over 2 weeks to get a lot done! Things are going pretty well, but I realize now and then that I’m a bit on the stressed/irritable side…but how can I remain that way long, really, with my two comedic children!:) Today was one of those days that was really busy, but it seemed like at every tense moment, one of the boys would say or do something to make me laugh and keep things in perspective. This evening, I was bathing Owen when he said something amusing once again. I said, “I should have named you, `one who makes me laugh’!” As I was pondering what the Yupik name would be that held such meaning, Owen got a big smile on his face and I smiled in return, just in time for him to scoop up an entire cupful of water and throw it in my face! He laughed hysterically and said, “Me make you laugh!” I was in such incredible shock and so mixed as to respond with great anger or laughter. My life was put into perspective again by the sheer joy of my 3-year old and knowing it probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do (from a discipline standpoint) I exploded with laughter. (We had a little chat about how, while I was truly laughing then, I would not find it funny to have a repeat dousing tomorrow night!) I thank God for children to help me remember what’s really worth fretting about in life...and to keep me humble!

1 comment:

csvan said...

Logan's not one to let the attention be off him for long, is he?