Although the boys and I still find ourselves hanging out now and then in the middle of the night it is no longer a regular occurrence…and certainly no longer common for me to be holding both of them on my lap in the wee hours. Both boys currently have some illness they are fighting and it has been waking them in the night. I just went into the room because Logan was crying…he crawled onto my lap and before he stopped crying, Owen started and also crawled onto my lap. They still fit!...and I noticed they were soothed almost immediately once they were both on my lap, unlike the few previous nights when I was trying to calm them independent of one another. A beautiful twin sibling moment. I found myself treasuring the time I was able to hold them realizing these moments are becoming fewer and fewer. Soon, I glanced at the clock and realized I should really get back to packing. Here’s where the real “memory” came in…I realized I was stuck with two sleeping children on my lap…what to do???
Just another note on twins/babies. Jacob performed a funeral on Saturday. The man who died and his twin brother were born 59 years ago in Savoonga. His eulogy stated that they were born premature and placed in loaf pans surrounded by feathers and kept warm near the fire. Their father kept them alive by massaging their tiny bodies for 3 days! I just thought that was a pretty amazing story to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet!
Post a Comment