We were surprised with a beautiful day, so we spent much of it at Carkeek(sp?) Park. Granted the day was sunny, but the beach was still WINDY and a bit chilly. The boys insisted on wading in the water:)
Owen, Levi, and Logan (It was so fun to see these 3 together again) Martha and Evelyn are in the background and she really generally looks more friendly than this...I think she was trying to get the hair and sand out of her face:)
Keith with the boys on the "teeter totter". They had so very much fun for such a long time. Jacob traded places with Keith later and the fun continued for quite awhile...until...suddenly, the log began to roll and off fell Jacob, Logan, and Owen from an impressive height. Jacob was bloody on the arm and side. Owen had a bit of a bloody cheek and sand up the nose and in the mouth. Logan later said, "I was just crying for Owen." Mmmhmm:)
And Owen and Logan finally reunite with Auntie Alison! We forgot to take a decent photo, so at the end of our fun-filled evening, I refused to haul the boys back out of their booster seat for a photo...so Alison hopped in between. Bless her!
We returned to Bickleton and were thrown into graduation week! A small town graduation is very different from any other. With only 5 graduates, everything is quite personal. Since Jacob leads the youth group at church, we've developed a relationship with a lot of the kids and always try to attend the school functions (it also provides entertainment in the small town!) During the Award's Banquet, they showed a couple of slide shows. I, of course, had not heard most of the songs that accompanied the slides. During one song, I said to Jacob, "What is a fricka?" Jacob shook his head and told me I should really get out of Bickleton more often, "Africa...like the continent," he said. That leads us into the next story to help explain my absent-mindedness (although another friend tells me this is just my normal state and I really probably have to agree.)
During the reception after baccelaureate, I was told that one of my friends looked at me and commented, "Looks like Kami's been eating a little too much cake lately." Another woman at her table looked at her in shock that she would make such an offensive comment. "She's pregnant...didn't you know?" said my friend. I've discovered this week that several people didn't actually know. Woops...guess word doesn't travel as well as I thought in a small town. As my neighbor explained, "Oh it travels fast...but only within certain groups." I'm learning this. So, in case you're not a part of the right group and haven't heard...I'm pregnant, indeed:) We're super excited and due October 17th.
Well, I'm trying to kill time while I upload pictures and they're still uploading. Guess it's been awhile since I've done much with pictures. Hopefully, you'll see some soon!
Owen, Logan, and me on my birthday.
The photos are uploaded and I discovered two things. I haven't taken many pictures lately and I missed out on sharing many things via this blog through photos that I just viewed. I think I'm going to have to begin a year in review to catch up:) Stay tuned!
2 comments:
You know, it's really not fair of you to publicly say that you are pregnant & then NOT post a photo of yourself... I am expecting some pictures soon! :)
But I did post a photo! I was totally pregnant in my birthday photo with the boys taken only 4 days ago:)
Post a Comment