Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Best Friends"

My favorite mornings are when I awake to Logan and Owen holding hands or hugging each other and saying, "Best friends." If one awakes before the other, it's not long before I hear, "Wake up Brother! Play." And they play together all day. Sometimes it's happy...sometimes not! Sometimes it's constructive...other times mischievious! I find that very often they aren't "Logan" and "Owen". During Christmas, they often introduced themselves as "Mary" and "Joseph". Lately, they are "Sally" and "Mary" (characters from a book we read). Other times they are crocodiles or bears or you name it. The following are photos from the past week of them being together.


Jacob took them for his daily walk and they loved it! How exciting! I have sorely missed having that break in my day. Jacob took them out almost everyday of their lives until moving to Savoonga where weather and roads have permitted it...until now!


The other day, I overheard, "Owen! Help! Help! Owen!" When I peeked around the corner, this is what I saw. And I thought they were ready for bed!:) Later, when I asked Owen who took his pajamas off, he told me, "Brother did it." So, you can see, they enjoy helping one another!


Me: "How many cookies do you want Logan?"
Logan: "1,2,3,4,FIVE!"


Me: "That's way too many cookies! How many cookies do you want Owen?"
Owen: "10,10,10,10,TEN!"

I guess there's nothing wrong with trying!


This morning, I caught Logan pouring water into the "dog bowl" so that "his dog" could have a drink. (Fortunately, we don't have a dog, and the bowl that Owen was lapping out of was fresh out of the kitchen cupboard!)

2 comments:

csvan said...

Asher always counts up to how many he wants too. I'm glad you finally let the boys have a pet! :)

Campbells said...

That's cute, my girls play really well together too(most of the time) Nothing warms my heart more than to hear them giggling together.