Monday, June 15, 2009
Our 14 Friends
I realize that it is after midnight, forteen people are arriving in the morning to spend a week doing VBS and worship, the house has yet to be cleaned, the whale awaits marinating, and I'm posting to our blog. I'm not addicted, I just figure this may be my last chance until they leave us because several will be sleeping in this room. So, I will leave you with just one last funny little story. I wrote out a list of things for Jacob to do to help me prepare for our guests. He caught a glimpse of this list while we were in his office, which, much to his dismay, is the only room in our house without a window...even the attic has a window. So, he read the list and informed me that he would not be able to do the items involving the attic (fetch the air mattress, sleeping mats, etc.) until morning because there is not enough light in the attic at night. I was slightly discouraged because I really would like to make up the beds while the boys are asleep. Then it occurred to me, "Jacob! It doesn't get dark at night anymore. It is as light outside now as it will be in the morning! Nice try!" He realized the faultiness of his excuse, laughed and said, "Well...I need my sleep!" I think I better have the air mattress tonight or else you better start praying for our marriage! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kami - I so enjoy your writing! It does sound like you are enjoying this time of ministry. The stories about the boys' antics while you play the piano are priceless.
Post a Comment