Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Back!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I think I'm ready to take up the blog again! We have been in Bickleton for 2 weeks and are getting more and more settled. It was very hard for me to leave Savoonga in the end...especially with no pastor to replace us and we had made some close friends. I've been keeping in regular contact with several friends still in Savoonga and are comforted to know that the YWAM group is currently staying at our old house and will stay for 2 months to do ministry in Savoonga.

Bickleton is another new culture to us! It truly is a small town and so far we have only been exposed to the beautiful side of small town living...our cupboards are filled with home canned goods, our freezer filled with locally butchered meat, and we've had a never-ending supply of cookies, biscuits, muffins, etc. The community has been extremely hospitable and welcoming. We are loving the sunshine, the time people take to visit, and the excitement of being involved in a new community.

The boys are adjusting. I no longer hear statements like, "Logan, did you hear that snow machine?" (when a truck drove by) or "Ew...it's stinky like walrus in here." (when apparently our house smelled!). Owen has suffered the most in this move. His moments of lying on the floor in silence or tears telling me that he misses Savoonga are becoming less and less. He no longer wants to go back to Savoonga...he just wants our friends in Savoonga to come to Bickleton. That's healthy growth, I think:) Overall, we are very happy here and know that we are extremely blessed to be given this place to live and grow.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Hi Kami! I've been thinking about you a lot lately - glad to see another post here from you. I hope that the re-settling goes well. My brother and sister-in-law lived in Sunnyside for nearly 10 years and loved it. (They moved to WI last summer). We'll pray for all of you as you become part of a new community.

csvan said...

You've been in Bickleton 2 weeks already & you have internet & still I don't have your phone number????

You wound me, Kami, you wound me deeply.....

Campbells said...

So glad to see you are back! Can't wait to hear more of your new life in Wa.

Judy said...

Kami! That wasn't enough to satisfy me! I'm sure you guys are so busy, but I hope you write more soon! I just looked at a map--you're closer to Portland than you are Seattle. But, if we were in Seattle, we'd still make the drive to see you all. :) And by the way, when Simon and I were talking a few nights ago, I heard Jacob in his voice. ;)