Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Latest Happenings

This past week has been insanely busy. Jacob has taken on the youth program in addition to being the only pastor of our church. It's good, but....! Wow! We need to seek a healthier balance between work and play!:)

We started off the week with rain...lots of it. The farmers were happy. Owen and Logan were also happy. They stood under our piece of gutter for an hour (I'm not exagerating!) filling up their buckets and then dumping them on the plants.



While in Seattle, the boys acquired their very own "hoppers". They prefer "Hoppity Horse" but I think they stopped making that model in the late 70s:) One of Logan's favorite pasttimes is to sit on his hopper and compose music for us.


We brought our wagon back from my sisters and were given a wagon on the same day...much to my dismay(more stuff...ihhh) and much to the boys' delight. They called me out to watch their "parade". Jacob, Owen, Logan


The end of the week turned out to be sunny and beautiful. We pushed the boys about a mile from our house to this amazing picnic spot at Pine Creek. It was great fun for the boys to splash in the water. We were reminded that we're in tick country as I spotted one crawling across Owen's hood. Thank you Lord that the boy insists on wearing his hood rain or shine! Jacob told me to throw the tick in the creek. Later I heard the boys saying, "Here tick. Come here onto my stick and I will throw you into the creek." Ah, what entertainment!


We even put our picnic in a basket:) (Logan, Kami, Owen) Shortly after we ate, our neighbors called down to us from the road. The wind had kicked up at the top of the hill and they insisted on driving us home so that they boys wouldn't be miserable and not want to go on another picnic. More friendly people in Bickleton.


And then...we went to Portland. Jacob took some youth to a conference there, and we accompanied so I could be a female presence overnight. The boys and I skipped the conference (too loud and not really geared toward 3 year olds!) and hung out with Catherine, Heather, and Robin(college friends) most of the day. Here's Catherine reading to Logan and Owen. Today I read "Country Mouse, City Mouse" to the boys and asked if they would rather live in Portland or Bickleton. Logan replied, "Portland" and when asked why, "Because I like the desserts there." Earlier, before going, Owen told me he wanted to go to Catherine's house and see Oliver(her big dog) and because Catherine feeds him pears on a plate. You can see what is at the top of the list for the boys...possibly they picked it up from their parents?

No comments: