Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bickleton Condemned

After Jacob's morning walk, he stopped to talk with some of the locals at the cafe. The big news was that the Post Office was closing at noon because yesterday's inspection found black mold. We told the boys what was happening and they were very sad, of course, and couldn't understand why they were going to tear down the PO. I took them for one last visit before lunch and suddenly it all clicked for Logan. "Mama," he said. "I know why they are tearing down the Post Office. Its paint is peeling!" Owen pointed across the street, "And that paint is peeling off of that building too!" "Maybe they going to tear that one down too, Owen." I fear that with my boys' logic, the entire community might be condemned and demolished, including our house:)

1 comment:

Campbells said...

What a tiny little town you live in! I am curious as to what the population is?