I've decided that since Logan and Owen spent the first 3 years of their lives in three different regions of the country, they have developed their own unique accent. They've entered the stage where their most common phrase is "Wots dat?" (What's that?) Yesterday, after a walk to the beach, I found myself laughing at how useful their vocabulary will be if we ever live anywhere except Savoonga. Our "conversation" went something like this:
Boys: Wots dat?
Me: A container (from the barge)
Wots dat?...a whale bone. Wots dat?...baleen (whale "teeth") Wots dat?...an oil tank. Wots dat?...graffiti (now, that might be useful elsewhere!) Wots dat?...a Honda (ATV) Wots dat?...a snow machine(snow mobile). Wots dat?...a piece of broken boardwalk. Wots dat?...a fish tail...don't touch that. Wots dat?...rotting walrus...don't touch that either. Wots dat?...a rock(I'm pretty sure they knew that one already:)
We spent some time on the beach. Then some seagulls visited us. Owen said, "Hi. Me Owen. Want some fish tail for deenor(dinner)?" I'm sure that with their vast vocabulary and wonderful social skills, they will have no trouble making friends if we ever move back to the lower 48:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment