Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Appropriate Response?

I suppose that when someone walked into our house and said, with wide eyes, “A cargo plane was just blown off the runway!” I probably shouldn’t have responded with, “Oh, that’s too bad. I’m going for a walk out to the dump and back.” Maybe I should have been clued in that the wind was rather intense?...But I was all ready and psyched up for my hour of exercise…so, off I went. I don’t run. It’s just pretty much misery to me, but today, I ran out to the dump. It was amazing! I just let my body go and with no effort at all, before I knew it, I was there…and then I turned around to go home! Whoa! It was literally everything I could do to lean into that wind at a 45+ degree angle and fight step by step to keep from being blown off of the road and out onto the tundra. I was soaking wet by the time I reached home (not from rain, but from the sea spray!) and I was having a difficult time standing up and walking straight, but it was worth it…I definitely had an hour of exercise!

No comments: