Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some Old Some New

I haven't been able to access the Internet for awhile, so I just cut and pasted some entries I've been writing in Word...some are old stories and some are new:) Enjoy.

I think that we have finally recovered from a week of illness, during which Logan developed a new favorite phrase. Owen was the first to develop a 24-hour fever and need to be held all day. At the end of that day, Logan once again pleaded for me to hold him and I once again explained to him that Owen was sick and he needed me to hold him and once he was better I would hold Logan for hours on end if he so desired. Logan looked at me and said, “Me have no mama.” I thought this was a one time comment, but today, as I was actively engaged in cleaning out the dresser, Logan wanted me to play with him. I told him I would in a few minutes. Soon, I heard him mumbling in the corner, “Me have no mama.” I really think that we need to move back to Hollywood because I think our children would be stars!:)
While cleaning our room, we found our missing Berenstein Bears book. The boys were quite excited, so I left Jacob upstairs to read with the boys while I went down to cook dinner. I returned awhile later to find Logan, sitting in his bed with tissue sticking out of one nostril, blood covering most of the rest of his body, and a huge grin on his face. What happened? Jacob explained that as he was reading of Brother Bear first meeting Sister Bear, after she was born, Sister Bear “popped” Brother Bear in the nose. So, of course, I realize that Owen, in an attempt to act out the story, popped Logan in the nose. Jacob informed me that I was wrong. Logan, in an attempt to act out the story, popped himself in the nose! Apparently their was no pain involved, because Jacob continued to read the story only to hear Owen burst out in frantic tears as he noticed his brother's bloody face. It was quite the bloody nose and through it all Logan just laughed hysterically!

Just a quick update...This YWAM group will continue staying with us through next Friday and then we leave for Seattle the following Wednesday AM so we are sorting and prepping to pack for a month and a half away!:) Hope you're all well.

No comments: