Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Day's Entertainment

The boys always seem to keep us entertained with their words, but today was an especially joyful day:) Upon wakeup, Owen sat up in bed, saying, "Me give Logan a red airplane and Logan gave me a blue truck!" I said, "Oh, were you sharing in your dream?" Owen replied, "Yes...where is it? Where is my blue truck?"

After breakfast, I noticed it was a little too quiet upstairs. I called up through the vent (hole in the floor covered by a grate), "What are you doing up there?" I heard Owen say, "Oh...uh oh." Followed by Owen peering down at me through the floor, saying, "Hi Mama! Go away Mama!" As if that was really going to happen!

Still later, I went upstairs to find Owen had laid out some crayons on the floor. Knowing that he took them from a place where he is not allowed, I said, "Owen, What do you have?" He replied, "Crayons." Me, "Where did you get them?" O, "From box." Me, "Where did you get the box?" O, "Up there." Me, "Are you supposed to be up there?" O, "No." Me, "What do you need to do now?" O, "Get some paper?" Me, "Owen." O, "Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! Put crayons in box. Put box up there, Mama."

Before dinner, Owen sneezed and said, "Oh! Bless me!"

During dinner, Logan informed me that some kids came over to visit earlier and one of them gave him a piece of popcorn. I said, "Did you say thank you?" Logan replied, "He's not here anymore, Mama." (He said it in a tone that seemed to question my sanity!)

Who needs a television? :)

No comments: