I'm sure I've already used this title before...irrh! I may have mentioned before that we have the YWAM group staying with us now...9 more people in the house through the end of the month. It's a good group and we're enjoying having them here as we have before. The only bummer is that 5 of the girls are sleeping in Jacob's office (w/ the computer) and one seems to go to bed even before the boys which means the only time that I can really enjoy using the computer is no longer! So tonight, I was excited as they are all out at a native dance and the boys are in bed early and the Intenet keeps failing...irrh! Anyway, I'm giving up on posting photos and just hoping to post this entry.
I am finally reaching a point where I feel some sense of community and structure here, for myself. Sundays are filled with church activities. I'm still playing the piano, but slowly backing away, at least for the evening service in hopes that someone...anyone might step up. I'm also enjoying creating a Sunday School curriculum unique to Savoonga. MWF I walk with one of the teachers, who is also becoming a good friend. T & Th she leads a yoga class for the community that I've been enjoying. I never expected to enter the yoga scene in Savoonga, nor did I expect that my yoga instructor would be from Texas!:) Thursday night I'm in a Bible Study with some other teachers. Saturday, I walk alone and am enjoying watching the grasses change color and the snow begin to accumulate in the mountains. We've been in the 30's for a good week now.
While I'm finding many things to enjoy here...there are also so very many disappointments on a seemingly daily basis. I can't go into the details here, but please pray for the community here and for our family as we try to find our place within its struggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment